Disorderly Conduct Charges Skokie


If you’ve been charged with disorderly conduct in Skokie (or in Chicago, Rolling Meadows or any of the surrounding communities), you probably have several questions—including:

  • What happens after you’re charged with disorderly conduct in Skokie?
  • What are the possible consequences of disorderly conduct in Skokie?
  • Can I get a disorderly conduct charge off my criminal record?

For most people, it makes sense to get in touch with a Skokie disorderly conduct lawyer who can evaluate all the facts in the case and build a strategic defense.

What is Disorderly Conduct?

Disorderly conduct is a broad term that includes offenses that waste public resources, unnecessarily cause public fear or stress, or alarm or disturb others.

What Happens After You’re Charged With Disorderly Conduct in Skokie?

If police arrest you for disorderly conduct in Skokie, Chicago, Rolling Meadows or any of the surrounding communities, you’ll end up spending time in jail (unless you pay a bond that guarantees you’ll come back to court on your assigned date) until the judge can see you.

You’ll go to an arraignment hearing, which is where the court reads your official charges. From there, you’ll either go back to jail to await trial or you’ll be freed with the promise that you’ll go back when you’re supposed to go back.

Many people choose to have an attorney represent them for disorderly conduct charges in Skokie and the surrounding communities. Your disorderly conduct lawyer will be able to present a defense on your behalf; in some cases, he can even negotiate with the prosecutor for you. Throughout the entire process, your attorney will be there to answer your questions.

What Are the Possible Consequences of Disorderly Conduct in Skokie?

In the vast majority of cases, disorderly conduct is a Class A, Class B, or Class C misdemeanor. However, in some cases, disorderly conduct can be a Class 3 or Class 4 felony.

If you’re convicted of a misdemeanor, you could spend between 30 days and one year in jail. If you’re convicted of a felony, you could spend between one year and five years behind bars.

Most convictions can’t be removed from your criminal record through expungement, but sometimes they can be sealed. (Your lawyer can provide you with more information about your specific case.)

Have You Been Accused of Disorderly Conduct in Skokie?

If you’ve been accused of disorderly conduct in Skokie or any of the surrounding communities, call us at 847-920-4540 for your free case evaluation. We’ll look at every angle of your case and begin building a defense strategy that gets you the best possible outcome.

Write a comment: